Wednesday, August 22, 2007

变色龙

Research is getting more draining by the day...Soon, all the kilos i put on, will be gone down the drain...sob. Any fats donation? (In proportion plsss)

Hm...let's see...A lame msn-chat conversation below...

~shaKeY~: baby wun u tell me why...can u stop gg to lab so often....
~me~: hahahahha
~shaKeY~: so u wun miss me so much
~me~: hahah
~me~: i dun wan to
~me~: butt...
~me~: if i dun
~me~: i scared my *BB(backside) catch fire
~me~: no one put out for me
~shaKeY~: wahaha
~shaKeY~: me can...always ready with bottle of ethanol!
~shaKeY~: hahahaah
~me~: wth...u r not supposed to add alcohol to e fire!

And i m getting delirious:
~me~: baby...
.
.
~me~: i just dun like design 1...
~Shakey~: me too...and our tutor seem to like making us feel stupid...
~me~: hoho...ur hysys tutor ah?...scare her
~me~: everyone go her lesson just start crying...act mute...act non responsive..
~Shakey~: wahah..siao ah...u tink IMH meh...chem engine class wor...

Tell me why I am waddling amongst these weirdos...

WRT Mr. PhD:
~Me~: i nid to develop some ET language with spastic actions...tt will put him off...

And today during lecture:
~Shakey~: Baby why are you sitting so high up???
~Me~: 人矮就要坐高才看得到...

And i thought i saw a few coursemates smiling away...

Got a lot more lame talk. Too lazy to put it up here anyway...but will be quite a funny anecdote for me...hoho...
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me cant seem to get enough of ODEX.

Yesterday's Newpaper states that the company has yet again changed their tactic. Apparently, people who go forth to admit that they are guilty of downloading will be indemnified against all other copyright charges if they go forth to pay their settlements "voluntarily" i.e. without receiving any letter.

I question the veracity of what has been said. If that was the case, what about the people who had signed the "settlement forms" much earlier? No such indemnity clause was ever stipulated, and they virtually signed away ALL their rights, including their right to counter sue and defend themselves from potential lawsuits from foreign companies.

Would it then be a case of non-uniformity of application?

Anyone prudent enough would be able to see a few things.

1. Their tactics reek nothing short of a "bait and switch" politically, though it may not be very apt to use it here. It is as though they first terrorise people to make them anticipate their "extortion" letter and now laying out more "favorable" terms (a bigger net to catch more minors, which you would have guessed, makes up a larger proportion of the animae community who watches fansubs) in the view that they have "relented".

2. They have always tried to keep their heads low in the media. I wonder if this new "act" (1) will be published in our National Newspaper. If so, that perpetuates the point of them acting in their own vested interest, i.e. Odex-ing people.

The IDA is apparently investigating the ODEX saga to see if there are any inconsistencies on the company's part. Consequently, it is not difficult to see the company's change of tune. Firstly, they are afraid of the possible litigation they may face in lieu of their own actions. Of course, if one bears a clear conscience, they would have nothing to fear for.

Secondly, they can in effect get a bigger payout than the original payout expected because people who think that they will receive their "letter" will just come knocking on their door and cough out the money, just to "save" themselves.

But the question is, how credible are their words? If one has no legal advisor to turn to, how can one ensure their liability is written off in the eyes of the law? Again, by signing the settlement, no matter what the terms are, you are already proclaiming: "Yes. I am guilty", which is even questionable in the first place.

One would suspect that they are rushing through the adminstrative procedures of sending letters to the people to get more monies into their pocket before IDA steps in..Afterall, the legal terms of the "previous available settlement" states that the "offenders" won't be able to get back their money or counter sue~...What else can one ask for?

Does it mean that they can simply change any terms they like as they deem fit? One thing i am very sure, their actions reeks of many loopholes and possible repercussions. Another, got authority, be aware of your rights, can drag deadline...I definitely hope for some justice to be done to the aggrieved fans man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home